Social Security Disability Attorneys in Northeast Ohio
Social Security Disability Law
It is important to gather and present all the information relating to your illness or injury. Even if it was a long-standing condition that only recently became too severe to continue working, it is vital to have as much information as you can provide.
In addition to Social Security Disability cases, we assist clients with Supplemental Security Income matters. Unlike the SSD application process, this cannot be done through the online form provided by the government. If you have questions about SSD or SSI benefits, please call and set up an appointment to file an application over the phone or in person.
When meeting to discuss your case, please have the following information ready:
- List of every medical provider (doctors, hospitals, therapists, etc.) who has treated your condition since the onset of the issue.
- List of every medication, who prescribes it, what dosage you take, and for what purpose. You should also include side effects, if any, caused by the medication.
- Your complete education and work history. This includes whether you suffer from any learning disability, as well as what grade you last completed, any college courses you have taken, and any special licenses and certification you hold.
- List of all medical conditions (physical and mental) no matter how big or small. Please be prepared to discuss how the conditions prohibit you from sustaining gainful employment.
- List of all diagnostic tests performed, who performed them, who ordered the tests, and why. Tests might include an MRI, EMG, X-ray, EKG and other diagnostics.