Scott M. Kuboff
- Personal Injury 60%
- Medical and Dental Malpractice 30%
- Criminal 10%
Scott M. Kuboff graduated from Ursuline High School in Youngstown, Ohio, in 2000. Mr. Kuboff attended the University of Toledo where he earned a Bachelor’s of Business Administration in 2004, graduating cum laude and with College Honors. Mr. Kuboff earned his Juris Doctorate from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2007 where he was the President of the Student Bar Association and a member of the Moot Court Board of Governors.
Mr. Kuboff joined Ibold & O’Brien in 2017. Mr. Kuboff has over ten years of litigation experience in trial and appellate courts throughout the State of Ohio, the Northern District of Ohio, and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals. In 2019, Mr. Kuboff became licensed in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Kuboff’s practice focuses on representing injured individuals in automobile collision, bicycle collision, dental and medical malpractice, nursing home neglect, slip-and-fall, animal bites, § 1983, and other personal injury claims. In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, Mr. Kuboff was selected to the Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” list for Ohio. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in Ohio are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor. Mr. Kuboff was selected by Lawyers of Distinction for Excellence in Personal Injury Law in 2018 and 2019. In 2018, Mr. Kuboff was selected by the American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) as one of the Top 40 Under 40 litigation attorneys in the State of Ohio. In 2015, Mr. Kuboff was selected as one of the Top 10 Under 40 personal injury attorneys in the State of Ohio by the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys (NAOPIA). Mr. Kuboff has earned a “Superb” rating by Avvo which is determined by a combination of experience and client and peer submitted reviews.
Mr. Kuboff is a member of the American Association for Justice, the Ohio Association for Justice, Ohio State Bar Association, the Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys (where he serves on the Board of Directors), the William K. Thomas American Inn of Court, as well as the local bar associations for Geauga, Lake and Portage counties.
Scott is married and resides in Aurora, Ohio, with his wife, Teri, and his two sons. He is an avid cyclist and runner who has competed in numerous USAC races, multi-sport races, half-marathons, and recently completed his first ultramarathon.
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: Student Bar Association, President
- Honors: Moot Court Board of Governors, Member
- University of Toledo, Toledo, Ohio
- B.A. - 2004
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: Marketing/Electronic Commerce
- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2011
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2014
- National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys "Top 10 Under 40", 2015
- Ohio Super Lawyer's "Rising Star", 2016 - 2018
- American Society of Legal Advocates, Top 40 Under 40 litigation attorneys, Ohio, 2018 - Present
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018 - 2019
- Leadership Geauga, 2019 - Present
- Superb, Avvo
- Road Rules, Bicycling Smart and Safe, Bike Cleveland, Cleveland Triathlon Club, Heights Bicycle Coalition, and others, 2017
- Children in the U.S. Justice System, Cleveland Council on World Affair, 2014
- Legal Aide Society of Greater Cleveland - Pro Bono Panelist, 2011 to Present
- Theta Chi
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- William K. Thomas American Inn of Court, Barrister, 2011 to Present
- Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association, Board of Trustees, 2007 to Present
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys, Board of Directors
- American Association for Justice
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Lake County Bar Association
- Geauga County Bar Association
- Portage County Bar Association